Writing Campaign Reports
Teams are encouraged to be creative in reports but must adhere to the following formatting requirements:
- Instead of traditional reports prepared with word-processing software, GOMAC reports must be presented using slide decks with Google Slides. Post-campaign decks have the added flexibility of being created directly in Google Data Studio.
- Pre-campaign Strategy decks must contain 5-10 slides.
- Post-campaign Summary decks must contain 15-20 slides.
- Use no smaller than the equivalent of 12-point Arial font for all text, tables, figures, footnotes, or any other elements and in case of the Post-campaign decks created directly in Google Data Studio no smaller than the equivalent of 18-point Arial font.
- Do not include any information in the notes pages of the slides.
- Avoid including any information that shows your team members’ names or institutional affiliation (e.g. college, university). Instead, to correctly identify your team, please incorporate your team’s’ Google Ads CID number into the file name. The customer ID is a unique number found in the upper-right corner of the Google Ads interface. Use the naming conventions below for the file names for the two decks.
- Pre-Campaign Strategy Deck: pre-[YOUR TEAM’S Google Ads CID]
- Post-Campaign Summary Deck: post-[YOUR TEAM’S Google Ads CID]
- Your deck (i.e. presentation) should be developed in Google Slides. Post-campaign deck can also be created directly in Google Data Studio (in the form of a typical presentation). PowerPoint decks or any other format are unacceptable.
- Submit your deck URL into your “Student Dashboard” in the “Pre- and Post- Campaign Decks” section.
- IMPORTANT! To allow GOMAC Judges to evaluate your decks, set the access to “View” for firstname.lastname@example.org. Please turn off “Notify people” in the sharing options otherwise you will get an error message. If you require detailed instructions, you can read Google Help on how to share files from Google Drive or watch a video that explains how to share with others in Drive, Docs, Sheets, and Slides.
- Be careful when submitting the decks as they can only be submitted once and no additional modifications are permitted.
- Pre-Campaign deck must be submitted at least a day prior to the start of your GOMAC campaign.
- After the submission no modifications of the decks are allowed.
- The Pre- and Post- Campaign decks must be submitted in English. The judging committee will take into account that not all student teams are 100% fluent in English and thus will not penalize these student teams.
Google Data Studio Reports
- Google Data Studio file, with reports that support their claims, must be directly connected to the team’s GOMAC Google Ads account.
- In the first page of the Google Data Studio (GDS) reports teams must provide their GOMAC Google Ads CID. It is needed for the data verification. The CID must be added to the report in the GDS table. See Create a table report with a Customer ID of your Google Ads Account for the instructions how to make it. Students must place a table with the Customer ID on the first page of their GDS report and top-left corner of the page is a recommended position.
- The GOMA has prepared the GOMAC Google Data Studio Guide to help you use the Google Data Studio. A very useful template is already provided in the guide.
- To allow GOMAC Judges to evaluate your Google Data Studio reports, share it with the email email@example.com on “View” access. See more from Google Support about Sharing Google Data Studio reports.
- Make sure you create a backup of your GDS report: Take a PDF snapshot and then submit its URL through the Student Dashboard.
Reports that do not adhere to the aforementioned requirements and guidelines will be disqualified and be deemed ineligible for judging.